Wednesday, September 22, 2010

border patrol

well where do i start...
brandon has been trying to get onto border patrol. he took his written test last week and got a 94% on it! he needed a 70 to pass. he did it! we're very excited about this. we both feel really good about this and pray it's what's supposed to happen because we're done with utah, we want to be closer to family & he's not enjoying his job. i absolutely love my job and will hate to say goodbye if i need to. he should hear back in 2-6 weeks when his physical/health/background check is. if he passes that, he just has the oral interview and they tell him 15 mins later if he's in or not. if this is supposed to happen this will be our last winter here....bitter sweet. we've only knows utah together. we met here and have lived here all our lives together. we're going to continue to try for a family and if we get prego before we move, i'll be staying here for insurance purposes while brandon goes to "boot camp" for 5 months. i know everything will work out and happen the way it's supposed to, but it's a little nerve racking not knowing whats ahead and not being able to control things.
we are very excited to think we'll be closer to family & friends and start a family! we're hoping to go to CA or AZ. but again, it's up in the air. it's possible we could even go to TX or NM...not excited about that. we'll rent out our condo and rent wherever we end up. and one day hope to buy a real house. my life/school is on hold until we know what we're doing. but once we get settled i'm hoping to start my schooling for x-ray tech. and pray i can find a hospital job asap if we move.
we're very excited and optimistic about the future and pray it goes as planned...i've been praying we'll be at peace with whatever happens :)
ps// HAWAII in 8 days!!!!!

7 comments:

Rebekah said...

congrats on the test!!! you are on your way!! we have several border patrol folks in our ward and I asked about the possibility of coming here over other places and they said as a first assignment it looked good that you'd come to AZ, especially with all the problems that we are experiencing right now! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!! Good luck!!

Mindi Blake said...

Big changes in your lives, good luck. I will work out. Don't worry so much about what you don't control. I worry about a family but it's really not my call. I wish you the best with all the majoy decisions coming up. Love, Mindi

Mindi Blake said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Terin said...

Great news! He passed that written with flying colors. I hope you hear back soon. The waiting game is killer. I will be praying for you guys.

KrisBo said...

Good luck Bran on the rest of your testing/app procress!!

I'll cross my fingers you guys get prego in Hawaii!! lol

Cassidy & Shawn Marshall said...

Brandon smoked that test! I know exactly how you feel- how the future is open and your just waiting for things to happen- we should visit each other while they are away at boot camp!

Rachel Doyle said...

Wow - that's great about Brandon's test. I hope everything works out they way you all hope!